Membership and Volunteering
People living in Auckland who are active in community cat care can apply to become members of CCC. CCC members are all independent people who are actively engaged in working to help community cats. They adhere to a set of welfare guidelines that were written in consultation with the SPCA, and are supported by the CCC, mostly with de-sexing expenses.
If you are active in community cat welfare and rescue work and are interested in becoming a CCC member, please apply with the form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCC members are often looking for volunteers who would be willing and able to help them on occasion or regularly. There are several areas where volunteers are needed: Colony care (need to be over 18 and have own transport)
- Feeding community cat colonies, usually as part of a roster
- Helping the colony manager with trapping and vet visits on occasion
- Fostering cats or kittens as they are prepared for adoption
- Helping members with trap neuter return or kitten rescue operations
- Assisting all CCC members by helping to make the organisation run more efficiently. Volunteers are needed to help with a range of administrative tasks.